Thursday, September 18, 2014
Nutraceuticals...Where Do I Start?
In this busy, fast-paced world we don't always eat right. Many of us struggle with weight and fatigue, skin issues or fears of cancer. The right nutraceutical can help balance our system while we try to live a healthier lifestyle running between ballgames, dance lessons, school and work. Below are the current nutraceuticals we offer. This list will be expanding soon!
1. Detox Pack- This can be used as part of a 30 day detoxification program. These packs contain ingredients carefully selected to synergistically support the body's normal detoxification process. Taken once a day. A properly done detox program can increase your energy, get rid of excess waste, help with weight loss, and improve your skin. $60
2. Executive Stress Formula- a comprehensive combination of vitamins, minerals, enzymes, herbals and other nutrients carefully formulated and specifically designed to support and boost the body's defenses against stress. This proprietary blend includes ginkgo biloba, silymarin, Co Q-10, L-glycine , L-methionine and other beneficial ingredients. $35
3. De-Mer-Tox- contains several vitamins and other dietary supplements that support heavy metal detoxification and may protect against the toxic results of amalgam filling removal. Local fish often has high levels of mercury and arsenic also. $29
4. Ultra HNS (Hair, Nails and Skin Formula)- supplies high dose biotin, vitamin C, zinc, and Cynatine HNS, a patented solubilized keratin clinically shown to support the strength, brightness and appearance of healthy hair, nails and skin. $38
5. Brain Energy- supplies essential nutrients carefully formulated to provide nutritional support for increased brain energy. Contains DL-phenylalanine, L-tyrosine, Rhodiola rosea, L-methionine, and Octacosanol. $28
6. Nopal Cactus- the leaves of nopal cactus have the unique ability to bind and trap fat and certain sugars you eat in a meal and prevent their absorption in the body. Reducing the amount of fat and sugar absorbed during a meal may play a key role in cholesterol metabolism as well as weight reduction. Chitosan, a common dietary supplement, exhibits similar actions, but is derived from shellfish. Nopal cactus offers vegetarians and those allergic to shellfish an effective alternative to chitosan. $23
7. BioTE Iodine Plus- 74% of healthy adults do not consume enough iodine. Iodine regulates cortisol and contributes to normal immune function. It is necessary for proper thyroid function as well. Iodine deficiency is rapidly emerging as a major risk factor of breast cancer. $49
8. DIM- Diindolylmethane makes estrogen metabolize down a safer pathway which has a lower risk of breast, uterine and prostate cancer. It frees up bound testosterone and acts as a natural aromatase inhibitor balancing estrogen and testosterone. Good for everyone but specially formulated to go with our BioTE bio-identical hormone replacement pellets. $64.82
9. A-D-K 10- All three vitamins are essential for bone structure, density and integrity, proper bone remodeling, calcium utilization, and cardiovascular function. $31
10. BioTE Evening Primrose Oil- often thought to just relieve the symptoms of fibrocystic breast disease, evening primrose oil is also being used to treat chronic headaches due to its phenylalanine component. It also contains a fatty acid called GLA which is essential for cell structure and skin elasticity. Also supports nerve health and premenstrual needs. $30